Quick tips keep that smooth cook top looking new.
Many of us have ditched the drip pans and burner grates for the beauty of the smooth glass top stove. No more wrapping the drip pans in foil to keep them clean. (My mom did that. Did yours?) While the smooth top is beautiful, if you don’t keep up with cleaning, the beauty will quickly fade.
Let’s tackle the cleaning necessities and take a look at some quick tips on how to keep that smooth cook top looking new.
Let’s Start With The Basics
You will always want to refer first to your manufacturers guide and follow their recommendations. Our suggestions here are merely an opinion of what may help alongside the manufacturers guide.
1. Wait until the stove top is completely cool before cleaning.
2. Use cleaners that are specifically made for the glass top stove. Avoid harsh abrasive cleaners as they may scratch or damage the smooth top surface.
3. Use sponges of microfiber cloths to wipe away cleaners from surface. Once clean, come back over surface with a clean dry cloth to buff away streaks.
Daily Cleaning Required
If you want to keep that stove top shinning bright, you will need to clean it each day after use. Here are some steps to make the process easier.
1. Let stove top cool completely.
2. Spritz top with a mixture of warm water and white vinegar.
3. Wipe clean with a microfiber cloth or a sponge.
4. Once dry, buff surface with a clean dry cloth to remove streaks.
A Little Heavier Clean – Monthly or Bi-weekly
Once or twice a month you will need to add a little more elbow grease to the cleaning method.
1. Allow stove top to cool completely.
2. Spritz generously with white vinegar.
3. Cover surface area with baking soda.
4. Cover the area with a towel and let sit for 20-30 minutes
5. Wipe away all the baking soda with a microfiber cloth.
6. Spritz top again with white vinegar and wipe clean with a clean microfiber cloth. Repeat this step until surface is clear of streaks and all baking soda has been removed.
Some stoves will come with a cleaning tool that contains a razor blade or your manufacturers guide may recommend this process. We highly reccommend using this cleaning method, only when other options do not work. Be sure to use caution as to not damage the cook top surface.
Prefer to leave the elbow grease to the pros? Give us a call today, and we will be glad to help. At DustBuster’s we specialize in keeping your place clean so you can enjoy the rest of life. One-time and reoccurring cleaning options are available.